Thursday 4 April 2013

Smitten Polish - Confection

A nice short post today.

Today I am showing you another interesting indie polish.  Smitten Polish Confection.

Confection has a variety of different shaped glitter in blue, pink, yellow, green and purple in a milky white base.

It is quite similar to Gloss 'n Sparkle Unicorn Droppings except it is missing the shimmer in the base and it is not as opaque.


There were pros and cons to the base being quite thin.  The glitters stood out a bit more than in Unicorn Droppings, but unfortunately, after three coats, I could still see my nail line (I have super white nails).  I think next time I will layer this over white.

I loved how this looked.  Due to me not owning any pastel polishes (I know, terrible!  I am rectifying this, as a gorgeous fellow polish lover is mailing me some pastel pretties), so my Easter nail opportunities were limited.  I thought these looked like hundreds and thousands on white icing.  Yum.

I received this polish in a grab bag, but thankfully us Aussie gals have access to some Smitten goodness via Femme Fatale Cosmetics for $11 a bottle.  Yay!

x

4 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for a blog award, for all the details, go to:

    http://lilyloveslouise.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/nomination-for-best-blog-award.html

    LLL xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pastel based glitters, I have very fair skin and they seem to suit me better. I always find they work better if I use a base too.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am fast becoming a sucker for those pastel based glitters, lol. Though for this polish, I must definitely try it with a base colour next time x

      Delete