Tuesday 16 April 2013

Alanna Renee - Mardi

Now, I admit that I am pretty late to the Alanna Renee party.  And I am kicking myself for not getting some of her gorgeous polishes sooner.

Alanna Renee is another fantastic Aussie indie brand that launched in January this year.  For a fairly new indie brand, her success is going gangbusters and her polish is already being sold through international stockists.  Yay for awesome Aussie indies!

Over the Easter long weekend, I bought four gorgeous polishes from Alanna Renee and the first one I tried was Mardi.

Mardi is a mix of pink hex glitter and small gold glitter in a pink base.  Simply stunning.

I decided to do an accent of OPI A Woman's Prague-ative an orange copper with gold shimmer.  I felt the gold shimmer matched the small gold glitter in Mardi quite well.


I loved this manicure so much!  While my craptastic photo doesn't capture the gold shimmer in Mardi on my nail, you can see it quite well in the bottle (and it does show very well on the nail too, just not in this pic!).

Mardi applied like a dream and only required 2-3 coats for full opacity.

Alanna Renee is available to us Aussie gals through her website for $7.99 a bottle.  For international gals, her polishes are available through Shoppe Eclectico and Color4Nails (facebook).

Alanna Renee has just released a brand new collection - Magical World - inspired by Harry Potter.  Now, I've only ever watched one Harry Potter movie and have read NONE of the books, but I NEED nearly all of the polishes in that collection!  I am on a no/low-buy right now, but come May and I will be back on her site buying those gorgeous polishes!

Until next time...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment