Thursday 11 April 2013

Paint It Blue - OPI Can't Find My Czechbook

Today I have another one of my Paint It Blue manicures to show you.


I am loving my OPI Euro Centrale polishes, and they have some gorgeous blues, so it only makes sense to use them for a special blue manicure.

I got inspiration for this manicure from another blogger.  She made it look so stunning that I just HAD to try it for myself.


Can't Find My Czechbook is a dusty aqua-blue creme.  It applied beautifully and was opaque in 2 coats.

I then layered a thin coat of Oy-Another Polish Joke over the top.  This was the tricky part.  I assumed Oy-Another Polish Joke would be quite sheer, but it was surprisingly not.  I actually had to redo one of my nails as the one coat had too much gold and you couldn't see the blue beneath it very well.  I ended up trying to remove as much polish as possible from the brush before applying, but then this of course left some brush stroke marks.  The layering of the gold also turned the blue polish into a sort of light green colour - I guess that makes perfect sense as yellow + blue = green...

Oy-Another Polish Joke is of course, a golden shimmer.  Simply gorgeous in the bottle and much nicer on the nail.

While I had some execution issues, I still quite liked how this manicure looked.

Again, I ask that you please check out the Paint It Blue auction site.  The one-of-a-kind polishes that have been revealed so far are amazing and the money goes to a fantastic cause.


x

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I am into glitter so much these days my nails don't feel finished until I layer them with glitter.....

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I pretty much add a glitter topper to EVERYTHING. Everything is much more happier with glitter :)

      Delete