Tuesday 9 April 2013

Pretty Pastels

As I mentioned last week, I did not have any pastel polishes in my stash.  Well, the gorgeous Natalia from cats-n-nails fixed that for me and sent me up six of the gorgeous pastels from the Face of Australia Pastel collection from last year.  As usual, Darwin had seemingly sold out of the FOA Pastels and I highly doubted they would restock them...  So thanks Natalia!

They were absolutely gorgeous and I could not decide which one to wear, so I chose one for each finger!


I still find it quite difficult to have a different colour one each nail, so I decided to add some sparkle to each nail to tie the together.

The colours I used are:
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
After Dinner Mint
Once in a Blue Moon
Castle on a Cloud
Would You Like Some Lemon Sherbert?

The gorgeous sparkles on top are from the super talented Aussie Indie brand Love Thy Polish and is called Fairly Lights.

Application of the pastels was quite good, though I had some trouble with bubbling (most likely due to my super lazy application skills, not the quality of the polish), but once I added the sparkles on top, the bubbling was not noticeable at all.  Fairy Lights applied like a dream.

I thoroughly enjoyed this simple manicure and I received quite a few compliments.

x

3 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! I looooove pastels :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe it took me so long to get some pastels, they are so pretty and I can't wait to use them again :)

      Delete
  2. I have the same polishes and I thought the bubbling had something to do with my application. It's good to know I'm not the only one! I didn't find the formula that great, so that might be causing the bubbling.

    ReplyDelete