Tuesday 14 February 2012

Asian-spiced Pork Rissoles

Tonight I made Asian-spiced Pork Rissoles.


They were...  okay...  They had a milder flavour than I imagined, however I did not enjoy picking out bits of lemon grass and chunks of ginger from my teeth. Maybe if I had a better food processor (instead of the bamix attachment...) they would have been more finely chopped.

They are around 400 calories a serve - so at the peak of my preferred dinner calorie allowance (it's not surprising though, pork is quite fatty).

I'm taking a smaller serve to work for lunch tomorrow - after umming and ahhing for a while trying to decide whether I liked them or not, lol.  I probably won't be making them again for a while though.


In other news, I came to the sad realisation that the pants I wore to work today must now be retired to 'weekend pants'.  They just kept falling down!  Unfortunately they don't have belt loops, so unless I invest in a pair of suspenders, they can no longer be worn out of the house, lol.  I would normally jump at the opportunity to buy some new clothes, but with money being exceptionally tight right now and  few big bills on the horizon, clothes shopping will have to wait for a few more pays.  At least it's nice to know that the numbers that keep on decreasing on my scales are not all in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment