Monday 20 February 2012

Asian Five Spiced Beef

Tonight I made Asian Five Spiced Beef.


It did not turn out the way I expected.  I assumed it was just some kind of stir-fry, but it was heaps more soupy than I expected.  Maybe I added too much water.  Maybe dark soy is supposed to be more syrupy or thicker (I used normal soy which is quite watery).  Who knows.  It was also a VERY small serve.  I halved the ingredients, so I expected it to do dinner for tonight and lunch for tomorrow.  Nope.  It pretty much just did dinner - and it was still a reasonably small serve.  I also added too much sesame seeds (the packet exploded over my food...).

I got the recipe from the Australian Women's Weekly Low Fat cookbook and the recipe stated that it was 153 calories a serve.  Though with the supposedly bigger serve I had for dinner, I would at least estimate that I had 280 calories for dinner.

Unfortunately, this recipe will go on my list of the few recipes I most probably won't make again...

No comments:

Post a Comment