Saturday 18 May 2013

Cult Nails - Flushed

I know, I know.  I am a very naughty blogger.  It's been almost two weeks since my last post and I have no excuses.  I just haven't felt motivated to blog lately.  Work has been busy and by the time I paint my nails, the urge to blog and show it off has waned and I tell myself that I will do it later.  Later never comes.

Until today!

I assure you I HAVE been doing my nails, and I still upload my manicures on my IG account frequently.

One of the benefits of not updating your blog in a while is a huge backlog of manicures to post, so I plan to write all my overdue posts and schedule them for throughout the week.

Today's nails are simply gorgeous.

Cult Nails Flushed is a 'blurple' with an intense purple/pink shimmer that truly does glow through the polish.  I would almost liken it to a more opaque version of MF Fantasy Fire - though of course the colour shifting shimmer shows different colours than FF.  It still gave me the same yummy feeling.  And as always, I found myself staring at my nails for long periods of time at different angles to capture the shimmer.






This polish applied quite nicely, though it was a bit sheer and required four coats to get the opacity in the photos above.  I decided to jazz it up a bit by adding a pretty pink rhinestone to each nail.  I thought the pink in the rhinestone went quite nicely with pink in the shimmer of the polish.

x

2 comments: