Sunday 19 May 2013

Belated AN Monday nails

Yep, even though I wasn't blogging, I was still participating in AN Monday.  Here are the two manicures that I didn't post.

This post is VERY picture heavy, so please check it out after the jump.




BLING

I kinda cheated with this challenge.  I considered getting all of my blingy 3D nail art stuff out, but the thought of 'wasting' it on my nails (I knew it would drive me nuts to have so much bumpy rhinestones and studs on my nails), I decided on using a polish with a blingy name.

Marcia Lima - Heart of the Ocean

I know I say this a lot.  But this polish is truly a stunner.  I love it soooo much, that it has well and truly earned a place in my top 5 favourite polishes.  What I love the most is that this is not a polish that I chose to add to my collection.  It was kindly gifted to me by Natalia from Cats n Nails.


For those that aren't aware, The Heart of the Ocean is the huuuuge fictional blue diamond featured in the movie, Titanic.



I find it very difficult to describe polishes, and I couldn't find a decent description for Heart of the Ocean online.  But I think it is safe to say that it is a tonne of blue glitters in a blue jelly base with some pink/purple glitters thrown in for good measure.

Did someone say 'SPARKLE?'


This polish applied surprisingly well.  I think I ended up with three coats on it's own (over a PVA base) and a couple of layers of SV on top.  It is beautiful before top coat, but it really comes alive once top coat is added.



Marcia Lima polishes are available from Color4Nails on Facebook.

MOVIE

I thought long and hard about what I would do for movie week.  I contemplated doing bee nails for Bee Movie. Then I saw a cute film reel manicure that I thought I could copy.  But I kept on coming back to the cutest characters from Despicable Me (who also happen to be my text message tone).  Minions.


I've made no secret of my lack of nail art skills.  But I sucked it up and gave it a go.  As usual, it was far from perfect and I could obviously use some more fine brush practice, but in the end I was pretty chuffed with my minions.


My poor little pinkie minion looks kinda... special... lol.




I won't list the polishes that I used, as I used HEAPS.  But if you want to know what  particular colour was, please ask and I'll let you know.

I surprisingly received heaps of comments on my minions.  And I actually got asked a few times who did my nails.  Most people were surprised to hear that I did them myself.  Especially since my minions on my right hand looked BETTER than my left hand minions...

Next week's theme is LACE.  I already know what I'm doing.  It's kinda cheating.  But I reckon it will still look lovely.

x

2 comments:

  1. I love your Minions! Soo cute :P That blue polish is beautiful too! I have no idea what I'm going to do for lace... Still waiting on stamping plates and nail art tools :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm totally cheating for lace this week and am going to use Sally Hansen polish strips... :)

      Delete