Saturday 9 March 2013

Shades of Phoenix - Aphrodite

Today I have another stunning polish from Shades of Phoenix.


Aphrodite has a 'base of blue and red and a splash of pearl white with violet, bright pink, garnet and silver glitter throughout'.

As I mentioned above, it is a simply stunning polish.  It is a colour that I imagine would suit most skin tones and it was easily opaque in two coats.  I needed to smooth the edge of my nail a bit with a file due to all the glittery awesomeness, but that was no hassle at all and I'm sure it could be avoided if I had applied it differently/more carefully.

Shades of Phoenix retails for $9 and is available through their etsy store.  Coincidentally, tonight they are releasing two new limited release polishes, and I highly recommend you check them out!



I thought instead of dedicating a whole blog post to this next little titbit, I would squeeze it in here.  After much waiting - well, it felt long, but in reality it was only 2.5 weeks - my Color Club Halo Hues turned up.  I spent a while deciding which collection I wanted and ended up just getting both!


I'm so excited to wear these pretties.  The holo in the bottle is amazing and I have tried two on my mum and my sister and the holo on the nail looks just as great (even with topcoat!).

So keep an eye out for posts on these lovelies - I'm hoping to stretch it out and use them sporadically so as to not ignore my other untrieds.  Also keep an eye out for my first official post for Aussie Nails Monday.  I did the galaxy nails last week unofficially, but have decided to join the challenge officially and our next task is STRIPES.  Yay!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment