Saturday 2 March 2013

Max Factor - Fantasy Fire

I know Fantasy Fire is old news, but it is still a bloody spectacular polish!

After much searching towards the end of last year, I finally managed to score myself a bottle - the last bottle in the display, tucked right up the back, knocked over.  But I FINALLY had one!  After that, Fantasy Fire could not be found in the Max Factor displays in Darwin.  I looked EVERY time.  Yes, I was being greedy. I already had one, why did I need more?

Well, I needed more because Fantasy Fire happens to live in the world's SMALLEST polish bottle!

Why is so much awesomeness only available in a teeny, tiny bottle?!

Thankfully, our Priceline restocked their supply about 6 weeks ago, and I bought the only three they had left.  So now I have four bottles and I am sated.  Though I still have to use all my willpower not to buy it every time I see it - funnily enough, our Priceline always seems to have it there now...


The hype with FF was that it was regarded as a very close dupe to the now discontinued and uber expensive on ebay Clarins 230 or Unicorn Pee.

Fantasy Fire is a sheer purple base filled with fiery multichrome shimmers that shift from red to gold to green.  In the bottle it is absolutely stunning and on the nail it is even better.


I apologise for the blurry photo, but I believe it best captures the crazy shimmeriness of this polish.  I also tried to take photos with my Nikon, but strangely enough, my iPhone seemed to capture it better...

When I first wore this polish, I layered it over Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue It.  Due to its sheerness, it is not really recommended to use it on its own.  I agree, as it comes in such a small bottle, too much polish would be needed to get it opaque.

This time I layered it over Revlon Royal - the widely accepted partner for FF in blog circles.  Royal is a royal blue jelly, and unfortunately, I didn't really love it like I thought I would.  I have mentioned by hesitation towards jellies, and this polish confirmed why.  I can still see visible nail line, it was quite runny and clean up (and removal) was a bitch.

Around the world, Fantasy Fire is regarded as a HTF.  I don't have too many HTFs in my stash, and for something that is relatively easy to obtain in Australia and the UK for less than $5 a bottle, I find it quite funny that it is considered HTF, but I'm happy for it to claim that title and to have it (them) in my stash.

When I first wore this polish, I was wondering what all the hype was about - this was back when I painted my nails on the lounge room floor with poor lighting.  Then I walked outside the next day and was completely  blown away.  It is quite unexciting in low lighting, but get it in the sun or under a bright light and you will be blinded!

x


2 comments:

  1. Such a special polish! I love wearing it over purple :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, isn't it! I must try it over purple next time :)

      Delete