Monday 18 March 2013

Aussie Nails Monday - Ombre



Today's ANM challenge was Ombre nails.

An Ombre manicure is basically skittle nails but with colours from the same colour family - ie all pinks, all greens, etc.  They are typically ordered from lightest-darkest.

I'm sure there are ways to jazz up ombre nails, but I took the easy way out and just did a simple blue ombre.


To be honest, I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out, the colours in the bottles looked slightly different when on the nail, but I still think it looks kinda cute.

The polishes I used are:
Essie Cocktail Bling
Essie Bikini So Teeny
Essie Smooth Sailing
Butter London Blagger
OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue


I think if I could do it again, I would not use Cocktail Bling, it was too grey for the rest of the blues.

Funnily enough, next week's theme is BLUE.  Gee, that one will be tricky... lol.


Check out the other awesome girls participating in ANM!

No comments:

Post a Comment