Monday 4 March 2013

Galaxy Nails!

Well, I finally did it.

I finally attempted nail art on myself.

And I am soooo happy with the results!

The girls in Aussie Nails were talking about their Galaxy Nails for Aussie Nails Monday and I thought I would give it a crack.  It is supposed to be one of the easiest types of nail art to do, and pretty hard to screw up.  They weren't wrong!


I know it's not perfect, but for a first attempt, I'm stoked!  I have been admiring my handiwork all day :)

I started by following a tutorial online and then decided to wing it.

For my base colour I used OPI Light My Sapphire and for my 'nebula' I sponged on China Glaze Passion in the Pacific, China Glaze Gothic Lolita and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue It.  For my stars I used China Glaze Fairy Dust.

I topped it all off with a layer of HK Girl Top Coat.



In other nail news, I finally got some nail mail today.  I managed to score a few pretties in a very generous blog sale and ended up killing a few of my lemmings along the way.


How on earth do I choose which one to wear first?!

x

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job looks fantastic!

    Jac xox

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete