Thursday 14 February 2013

Loki's Lacquer - Omicron Persei 8

No lame titles today!

Just another absolutely ah-maze-ing Aussie indie.


This super clever Aussie label has created a whole collection inspired by the supremely funny TV cartoon, Futurama, called The Space Pilot 3000 Collection.

Omicron Persei 8 is, of course, the home planet of Lrrr.  It has a green and blue glitter base with duo-chrome properties and depending on the light, the green pigment will shine red/brown.

I was completely in awe of this polish.  I was lucky enough to receive this as one of my birthday group gifts, along with I'm Too Rich To Be Kidnapped.

Most of the swatches I have seen of this polish pair it with black undies, but I was not in a dark colour mood.  So I decided to pair it with a really light undie - OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I am soooo happy with this combo, as while the red/brown colour shift in the green pigment wasn't as obvious, the green shimmer was, and it looked stunning no matter what light it was in.

It applied like a dream and only required two extremely easy coats.  There was also no need to dab and place the glitter where I wanted it.

Our Aussie girls sure know how to make a quality polish!

Loki's Lacquer retails for $9 and are available through their etsy store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment