Sunday 4 March 2012

Sweet Decadence

After mainly cooking my own meals, it's nice to sometimes have someone cook/make something for you.

Last night my sister treated me with a delicious crepe.


The crepe is from Woolies' new French Pastry range.  It is filled with Weight Watchers Vanilla Ice Cream (gotta try to save the calories where we can!) with chopped up dark Cherry Ripe and then drizzled with chocolate topping.  It was sweet-a-licious.

My parents stayed with me last week and on Thursday night Dad made one of my mum's favourite dishes (she has several food intolerances, so she is VERY limited in what she can eat).  He made Vegetable Soup.


It was stock full of vegetably goodness - carrots, zucchini, celery (which I picked out, but it's vital to the flavour in the soup), lentils and tomato.  Dad also made some crusty bread with cheese - one with gorgonzola and one with Jarlsberg/swiss cheese.  The gorgonzola cheese was waaaaaaay too strong for my liking, but the swiss cheese bread was pretty good (minus the burnt bits).

It's so nice when other people cook for you!

I've got some recipes I'm really looking forward to making over the next couple of weeks (I'm not sure if I've mentioned it in previous posts, but I do a menu plan - it helps me binging on random food, plus it also helps my groceries budget).  I'm making a Mushroom risotto (which claims to have only 350 calories a serve), a Moroccan Sweet Potato Soup, a Soba Noodle salad and a Vegetable curry.  So keep a look out for my blog posts on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment