Thursday 8 March 2012

Simple Pleasures

Like most people, the idea of cooking a meal EVERY night is not comforting.

I love cooking, but sometimes I just wanna come home and flake out.

Thankfully, I'm single and usually only have myself to feed.  So I allocate at least two nights a week to eat a frozen meal (also known as a TV dinner).

There are good frozen meals out there, and there are bad frozen meals out there - last week I had a particularly bad one which I couldn't even finish...

Tonight I had a good one.


Tonight was the first time I had tried this particular frozen meal and I will definitely be buying it again.  It was a beautiful butter chicken with rice and I am very impressed that it came out of a box and only took me four and half minutes to prepare.


It wasn't overly spicy and it was nice and creamy - without being overly creamy.  Best of all it was only about 360 calories, which is fantastic for the usually calorie laden 'Butter Chicken'.

To wash it all down, I treated myself to a glass of white wine (left over from last night's risotto).


I thought it was pretty good for a white wine (not my wine colour of choice) that only cost me $6!

Who said you needed to spend hours in the kitchen a small fortune on ingredients to enjoy a good meal?!

No comments:

Post a Comment