Wednesday 7 March 2012

Oven-Baked Mushroom Risotto

Tonight I made an Oven-Baked Mushroom Risotto.


I was quite impressed.  According to the recipe, it is only around 350 calories a serve, which I'm still a bit dubious about.  When I can be bothered, I'll enter the recipe into my Fitness app and see what calorie count it gives me.

In this recipe I got to use three different types of mushroom.  I'm not the biggest mushroom fan, much preferring to eat it IN food, not on its own..  I used button, Swiss brown and shitake - and I really liked the earthy flavour the mushrooms provided.  I was surprised at the amount of mushrooms the recipe required - I think I spent the most time in the kitchen slicing the mushrooms.  But as anticipated, once the mushrooms were added to the pot, they appeared to almost halve in quantity.  I guess the large amount of mushroom also allowed the recipe to use less rice, which we all know can be quite high in calories. Another interesting element to the recipe was the inclusion of rosemary.  Unfortunately, I did not measure the rosemary, and it the rosemary flavour was quite dominating in the dish.  This is not the recipes fault, and next time I will definitely add the amount stated in the recipe.

All in all it was a really easy and tasty dish and I look forward to making it again.


On Monday I had practically no choice but to go and buy some new pants.  I had already condemned a previous pair of pants to weekend wear only (which left me one pair of work pants short) and when I was getting dressed for work on Monday morning, I put another one of my work pants on and they practically slid right off...  I LOVE shopping, but I have been putting pant shopping off due to the fact that I have so many other financial obligations in the very near future.  Oh well.  Target had a great sale - 20% off Hot Options, so I scored three pairs of work pants for $90.  Plus it was nice to have my weight loss kind of confirmed with me buying my pants one size down to what I have been wearing for the last two years.

I still find it difficult to see in the mirror that I have lost weight.  Another nice confirmation of my weight loss was running into a lady today whom I hadn't seen since November and her mentioning and congratulating  my weight loss.  

Oh, for the record, I've lost between 7-8kg since the beginning of January.  I'm 2kg away from my first weight loss goal and 7kg away from my 12 month goal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment