Monday 18 June 2012

Nail Art Experimentation

As I have mentioned previously, I have a slight obsession with nail polish.

I also love nail art, but am too cheap and impatient to get it done at the nail salon.

While I was wandering the aisles at the chemist the other day, I came across french manicure stickers.  You know, the ones you use to paint the tips of your nails a different colour to the rest of your nails.  Eureka!  This is exactly what I had been hoping to find.  Except I had no intention of painting my tips the boring white colour of the typical french manicure.

My nails were already the dark purple (OPI's Dutch You Just Love OPI? for those playing at home) from my visit to the salon the day before.  So I thought to jazz it up, I'd make my tips a lighter purple.  I used OPI's Planks A Lot.  I LOVED them.  They were a bit messy, but I learnt from my minor mistakes and made sure to do it a bit differently next time.

Yesterday I painted my nails OPI's A Roll in the Hague and the tips OPI's Big Apple Red.  Much brighter than last week, but just what I need to get me through the last week of the school term.

I look forward to experimenting with other colour combinations.  I am also thinking of being a bit more adventurous by adding nail gems and using sticky tape to paint different patterns.

In other nail experiments, I put Sally Hansen's Nail Stickers on my sister's nails.  They were pretty easy to apply, though a bit sucky that I couldn't find a sticker to fit my sister's pointer fingers.  They also didn't respond well to the NT heat and didn't stick as well as I had hoped and started to peel almost instantly.  My sister has already 'lost' two...  However for the 20 minutes that they were all in tact on her nails, it looked awesome.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment