Sunday 17 June 2012

My Favourite Pumpkin Soup

I love pumpkin soup.

Even though we don't get typical 'winter' weather, I am more than happy to eat pumpkin soup in any weather.

I have made many different types of pumpkin soup  Some more complex than others.

However, there is one pumpkin soup recipe that I hold dear.  It is the easiest pumpkin soup recipe that I have tried, and it is by far the yummiest.

I found it online years ago.  And recently I lost the recipe.  That's okay though.  Having the recipe in front of me was more for the security blanket factor.  I shouldn't need the recipe.  I've made this pumpkin soup HEAPS of times.

And now I am going to share it all with you.

MY FAVOURITE PUMPKIN SOUP

Serves 4

Ingredients:
750g diced pumpkin - I use butternut, but jap works quite well too
250g diced potato
1 onion diced (the recipe originally asked for 2 onions, but I have changed it to one for personal preference)
3 vegetable stock cubes (you could also use chicken stock cubes.  I use vegetable because my sister is vegetarian)
3.5 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste
250g cream
crusty bread and sour cream to serve

Method:


1.  Put all ingredients (except cream) in a large pot.  Let simmer until pumpkin and potato is soft (not mushy though).

2.  Remove from heat and blitz with a bar mix until smooth.

3.  Return to heat and add cream.

4.  Stir cream in and heat through.

5.  Serve with warm crusty bread and a dollop of sour cream if desired.
ENJOY!

This soup also freezes and reheats quite well.

Oh, it's also only 225 calories a serve (not including the bread and sour cream).

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment