Saturday 12 January 2013

Essie's Smooth Sailing in a Teeny Bikini

Okay, I admit it.  Lame title, lol.

Today I have my current manicure to show you.  It's my first manicure using Essie polish.  I purchased 13 Essie polishes for the fantastic price of $6 each from Ozsale just before Christmas.  Essie is well known for their simple, but staple colours and their fantastic formula.


I used three coats of Essie Bikini So Teeny and then three coats of Smooth Sailing on my accent finger and thumb.  I then topped it with a coat of my current fave top coat - Sally Hansen Insta-Dry (with a base coat of OPI Nail Envy-Soft & Thin).

These blues are absolutely gorgeous.  My only complaints would be the smell, with Bikini So Teeny slightly worse than Smooth Sailing.  I also had some issues with Bikini So Teeny levelling out evenly, but that is only really noticeable close-up.

I will be recycling this manicure very soon by layering piCture pOlish Splash on top - a gorgeous blue glitter. I will post the results from that addition later.

Oh, here's some more nail mail!


On the advice from the lovely ladies from the Aussie Nails facebook group, I purchased my first bottles of Duri Rejuvacote from an ebay store.  I also couldn't resist and bought some lovelies I have been lemming for a while, in particular:  CG Ruby Pumps, CH For Audrey, OPI Samoan Sands, CG Running in Circles, CG Water You Waiting For, CG Secret Peri-wink-le and CG Dorothy Who.

This will be my last nail mail for a while.  I am desperate to purchase some more pretties, but am on a no-buy this month.  But that's okay, because it's my Birthday Group Month!  So in the next few weeks I will be receiving 11 lovely nail mail packages from the gorgeous girls in my Birthday Group!  Yay!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment