Sunday 22 April 2012

Weddings and Work and Moving... Oh My!

Greetings.  Again, it's been a little while since my last post.  Here's what's been going on in my world:

I spent five days down in SE Qld for my beautiful friend's wedding.  Hayley and I have been friends since year 10 and I am sooooo honoured that she invited me to be a part of her special day.  Our friendship has stood the test of time and distance.  We may not talk or email for months, but when we do, it's like no time has passed at all.  She is one of my few friends that accepts that I prefer to keep in contact via email (I'm not a big fan of the phone).  Hayley, Hazel and I keep in contact often solely through email and facebook, and there is nothing wrong with that.  Watching Hayley prepare for her wedding - she is one cool lady, and was totally chillaxed the morning of her big day - and walk down the aisle to her lovely fella gave me goosebumps.




* I haven't posted any pics of the bride and Hazel as I don't feel comfortable posting their pics on a public blog without their permission *

Here are some more piccies from my trip:
 These crazy geese were occupants at the caravan park we stayed at the night before the wedding.  They would make crazy loud goose sounds and then sleep right outside the villa... hilarious.

The weather was quite drizzly, but thankfully cleared up for Hayley's walk down the aisle.

We had some time to kill before catching the airport shuttle.  So Hazel and I spent the day at Australia Zoo. Here is their new Africa Exhibit.

An army of wombats at Australia Zoo.

Loved up otters at Australia Zoo.

**************************

On the work front and I am trying to take a more chilled and no nonsense approach with the kids.  I realised I was working myself up over the smallest things and I had to keep on reminding myself that they are only KIDS.  We have redefined the classroom expectations and the consequences and things are starting to chug along a bit more smoothly.  I have a VERY busy term ahead.  I think I may have over-committed myself.  This term alone I am doing SRC, School Council (including fundraising committee), FAST, NAPLAN marking and mentoring a prac student.  I have to learn to say 'no'.  I am genuinely interested in everything that I am participating in, but am worried I am spreading myself just a bit too thin.

**************************

In less than two weeks time, I will be moving out of my awesome little flat.  I have loved living here and have relished the independence.  However, I am in a crazy amount of credit card debt.  I have mentioned it before, but I never thought I would be the type of person with a $7000+ credit card debt.  It gives me palpitations just thinking about it.  I have friends ask me what I have spent my money on and I struggle to pinpoint it.  It's not like I'm running around in Jimmy Choos with a Chanel handbag.  

So, my sister's house mate has broken her lease to move back down south to her parents.  And my sister asked if I would be interested in moving in with her.  My sister currently leases a property that is owned by my parents.  It is a lovely house, but I always resisted the offer to move in (I was offered numerous times when I was planning to move to Darwin).  I really wanted to be independent from my parents.  Well, when my sister asked me to move in with her, I again hesitated.  Then I started to think about it more.  I will be paying just over $600 a month LESS in rent if I move in with her (mum and dad are being VERY generous with the rent.  They could easily get $550 a week for the house, but they are only asking $450/week).  That's $600 a month more that I could be putting on my credit card.  Plus halving the utilities would also be beneficial to my hip pocket.  My sister and I also plan on trying to shop and cook together to try to save some money on groceries.

So, on Friday 4th May, my parents and sister are helping me relocate.  Then they are going to help me clean my flat.  They're pretty awesome like that.

I'm a bit sad about leaving my flat (I'm breaking my lease too).  It's the first place that I have lived completely independently from my parents.  But I know this is what I need to do to get ahead. 

The plan is to pay for the move, book the Adelaide trip (did I mention the whole family is going to Adelaide in July for my brother's 21st?) and then treat my credit card like a GE/store card.  It is ONLY to be used to pay off.  It will NOT be used to buy things.  The funny thing is, is that if I didn't have credit card debt, I could live VERY comfortably on my salary.

**************************

So that is the current going ons in my life.  I have fallen off the wagon BIIIIIIIG time with my 'healthy lifestyle choice' and I can feel it.  I feel tired, sick and heavy.  I have put on just over a kilo and I am not happy.  I plan to be fully back on the wagon by the time I move.  I am also looking forward to planning some low calorie vegetarian meals, as my sister is a vego.  So stay tuned for some reviews on some hopefully awesome low cal vego meals!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment