Monday 9 April 2012

Favourite Things: KATIES

Most people who know me, know I love to shop.  I love to shop so much that I am now in a financial position that I never thought I'd be in...

Oh well.

One of my most recent discoveries is Katies.  I have walked past Katies shops for YEARS.  I always assumed it was a shop more suited to 'older' women.  However, over Christmas when I walked past the shop I started to notice some lovely clothes.  Clothes I could see myself wearing.  Now this is either because they have changed their target market, or I'm getting older...  About a month ago I finally decided to walk into my local Katies shop and I couldn't believe the amount of outfits that I wanted to buy!  To make it even better, their clothes are very well priced (tops are usually between $40 and $60).

My very first Katies purchase was a lovely top to wear out for my birthday dinner with my family.  I didn't want anything too flashy, but I did want it to have a bit of sparkle.
This top has a lovely silver sparkle through it and looks great teamed up with a medium length black necklace.  I wore it with jeans.

One of the big fashion trends I'm noticing as we make our way into winter (well, technically winter, we don't really get winter up here) is the lovely knitwear.  It usually fits a bit loose, but still gorgeous - not like baggy sweats.  I am LOVING the knitwear that Katies has been stocking.  What I love about them even more is that they don't have the typical long sleeves.  They usually have big loose sleeves or batwings that make it suitable to wear when the weather is warmer.  Their knitwear is also quite light, which is another plus when wearing it in the tropics.

Here are some more of my recent purchases:





I have bought some more tops, they just aren't on their website any more.  

Here is my current Katies wishlist:





I soooo need to develop some self-control and NOT spend more money at Katies.

Another great thing about Katies is their customer loyalty card.  When you join you get a $10 voucher.  For every $100 you spend you get a $5 voucher and for your birthday you get a $20 voucher.  Plus loyalty card holders get frequent discounts - like yesterday I got 30% off the two tops I bought.

I also love how the website gives you ideas on what to wear with a particular item.

So the next time you walk past Katies and think that it's a shop for old biddies, think again. 

* This is not a sponsored post for Katies.  I just really like their clothes!

** All images were taken from the Katies website:  www.katies.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment