Sunday 29 January 2012

Favourite Things

Throughout this blog, I hope to share with you some of my favourite things.

I think it's only fitting that my very first favourite 'thing' is my gorgeous cavoodle, Bella.


Bella is, for lack of a better word, AWESOME.

I never considered myself a dog person until I got her.  I was all about cats.  Thing was, I was living in a town where cats are not allowed.  I was desperate for a pet and finally plucked up the courage to ask my parents (yep, I was 24 and living with my parents, but that is a totally different story!) if I could get a dog.  They said YES!  I researched for a few weeks and decided to get a cavoodle - a cavalier king charles spaniel crossed with a toy poodle.

Now, living in the NT, cavoodles are not easy to come by.  So I took my internet shopping to a whole new level and bought her online.  Yep, online.  I found a puppy classifieds website and found her there.  I can already see all of your disapproving faces as you assume that she must have come from a puppy farm.  I cannot prove that she didn't, but I was in regular contact with the breeder (she sent photo updates and emails) and while I can't prove it, I'm fairly certain she came from a backyard breeder NOT a puppy farm.

Anyway, Bella is awesome regardless.  She arrived toilet trained and didn't chew through hoses, shoes or clothes (just the occasional peg...).  She also didn't bark until she was 9 months old and still very rarely barks.






She is two years old now and is a wonderful companion.  She gives the best cuddles and is almost as lazy as I am, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment