Thursday 13 December 2012

Nail Mail!

Wow.  I feel like I start all my blog post the same way...  It's been a while.

With today being the last day of the school year, I'm hoping to blog more regularly over the holidays.  There are quite a few new recipes I'm hanging out to cook, plus I think my blog might slowly get taken over by my ever growing obsession with nail polish.

Which brings me to today's post.

I mentioned in my last post that I had ordered some OPI polishes from the US and was anxiously waiting for their arrival.  It was a VERY long wait.  Or at least it felt like a VERY long wait.  I think in total it took about 7 weeks.  I guess that's not too bad in the grand scheme of things, especially since it had to cross an ocean and compete with the Thanksgiving day holiday.

I was starting to think it would never arrive.  As I was pulling into my driveway yesterday I noticed that there was no parcel slip hanging out of the door and mentioned to my sister that if it was not here by Monday I would be requesting a refund.  Little did I know about the surprise that was waiting for me IN the mailbox - the whole parcel was in my mailbox!  Yay!!!

I was so excited about this long awaited parcel that I took a photo of it.  I was going to post it on here, but had no idea how to remove my address from the photo...

Opening the parcel and unwrapping all the individually wrapped polishes was the best bit.  I had forgotten which colours I had ordered.

I also thought I'd only ordered 10 polishes.  But it turns out I had ordered 12.  Yay!!


I was surprised at the amount of red polishes I had bought.  Some were quite similar actually.  Oh well.  I can't wait to wear these pretties.  I think the first one I will wear will be the Breast Cancer duo.

I'm considering starting to post more of my polishes on here like some of my favourite nail blogs.  The only thing putting me off is the length of my nails.  They get to a particular length (SHORT) and then appear to refuse to grow anymore!

Oh, I forgot to mention that the whole reason I decided to order this polish from the US is because of the ridiculous price we are expected to pay for polish in Australia.  In Oz, OPI retails for $20.  I managed to get these beauties for $7 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment